Why won't my slides move forward in Step 3?
AnswerIn Step 3, you need to select an item in your Teaching Window. The slides will not load until you make a selection.
- Choose one of the options by clicking it. The system will load the selected content in the Slide Controller. The system reminds you which option has been chosen by displaying a checkmark next to it. Click the Next button in the Slide Controller to advance through the selected slides.
- If time allows, you can make another selection by clicking the pointer icon .
- As in other steps, the system displays the number of slides in the set. As in Step 1, you can Dog Ear Word Cards and skip to the end of a set by clicking or to the beginning of a set by clicking .
If you hear an error:
- Simply stop and say, “Let’s trace.” Do not tell the students the word before they trace.
- Have students trace the letters while saying the sounds, then blend the sounds into a word while underlining the word with the same 2 fingers. Repeat this twice.
- If reading from a Word Card set, Dog Ear to place the card back into the deck for further practice.